PremierLeague HQ Blogger's Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New articles

3 posters

Go down

New articles  Empty New articles

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:22 am

Okay we can use this topic to post all of our new articles on when we have written them so that the others can look over them before we post them

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

New articles  Empty Re: New articles

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:22 am

With the new premier league season under a month away, the four of us are here to give our predictions on the teams we think will finish as champions, in the European spots and in the dreaded relegation zone.

Top 7

1) CHELSEA – with the ability they had in their team last year, and more importantly the depth they had in their squad, Chelsea hugely underachieved in finishing 3rd and trophy-less last season. However, with that depth still intact and the hugely important signing of Diego Costa giving them the quality striker they’ve lacked since the sale of Didier Drogba, I can’t see anyone catching them next season.
2) MAN. CITY – for me, their triumph in the league last season was more to do with the downfall of others than their own good form. That, coupled with their surprising lack of activity in the transfer market this summer and their extreme reliance on the likes of Toure, Kompany and Aguero, they don’t have enough to win again this season.
3) MAN. UNITED – after a frankly abysmal season in 2013/14, I expect wholesale changes at Old Trafford. With LVG now at the helm, the signings of Herrera and Shaw already secured and many more thought to be joining the Red Devils in the coming weeks, I expect to see them return to their usual top 4 placement, albeit not as genuine title challengers.
4) ARSENAL – a much improved year last season saw the gunners secure that all important trophy, largely thanks to the work of Aaron Ramsey. With the signings of Sanchez and Debuchy, I expect them to improve once again this year but still think that a lack of depth everywhere except attacking midfield means they cannot mount a serious title challenge.
5) LIVERPOOL – with Brendan Rodgers’ promise of lots of new signings coming to Anfield, a month ago I would have had Liverpool in the top 4 of this prediction without a doubt. However, the sale of Luis Suarez, no matter how much money Liverpool received, is too big a hole to fill, and I don’t think Liverpool can reach the Champions League without the mighty Uruguayan
6) EVERTON – with one of the best managers in Britain leading them, Everton are always a team to be wary of. They had a great season last year, coming very close to squeezing in to the top 4. However, with the likes of Lukaku and Deulofeu unlikely to return to Goodison following loan spells last season, I don’t see them doing quite as well this year.
7) TOTTENHAM – a lot of people blamed Totteham’s relatively poor season last year on their new players not gelling properly. However, I think there is a serious lack of quality at White Hart Lane. A very lacklustre defence, no real penetration in midfield and an under-achieving strike force mean that if they are to get anywhere near challenging for the top 4 they need to make some top signings, and fast.

Relegation
18) WEST BROM – having been in the premier league for 5 seasons now, this choice may come as a surprise to some. However, they never seem to play as well as their admittedly talented squad suggests they can. After just escaping relegation last season and a succession of many managers with short stints at the club, I think the Baggies’ time in the top flight will be up come next May.
19) LEICESTER – they dominated in the second half of last season in the Championship and fully deserve their place in the Premier League. Unlike most teams that are promoted from the Championship, they have almost no Premier League experience in their ranks, and because of that I don’t see them remaining in the premier league next season. Having said that, expect some treacherous trips for the big boys to the King Power Stadium.
20) BURNLEY – like fellow promoted team Leicester, Burnley have very little Premier League experience in their squad. Despite having some good talent in there too, I expect them to follow their experience from 2009-10 and go down again at the first time of asking. Sean Dyche is a charismatic figure as manager, but his managerial qualities are, for me, still in question. This season will be a good test of him as a manager, and I think he is the only thing that can save Burnley from relegation.

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:34 am

Top 7 BPL Prediction

1) CHELSEA-  The "Special One" won't admit to underachieving last season, however, deep down he knows. Last season Chelsea had a great depth in squad, however were missing that truly World Class striker. Have they got it now with Costa? We'll have to see... However will the signings of Fabregas, Costa and Luis + Chelsea's special ability to win when not at their best, I think they'll be to strong for the rest.
2) MANCHESTER CITY-  Champions of 2013/14, however far from convincing. You could even argue they took advantage of the constant slips of Arsenal,Chelsea and in particular Liverpool's title challenge, where they really did take advantage of a slip. There is no denying going forward City are the best in the league. Spoiled from a range of  World Class firepower, they constantly outscored teams all season. However, lack of a CB could yet again cost them. When Kompany is injured they look a real mess, showing a real over-reliance on their Talisman.
3) ARSENAL-  Progressed last season, however like Chelsea, Arsenal missed that one World class Striker with Giroud letting them down when it really mattered most... The Gunners will be in for a treat with Aaron only going to get better, not to mention Ozil fully adapting to league. The signing of Sanchez will mount them a serious title challenge with the much needed Pace&Power. But to get any further they really need that crucial CDM in the middle of the park.
4) MANCHESTER UNITED- Absolutely horrific last season, and everything was in shambles. From the amount of dead wood to under-performing players. With LVG coming in I expect a wholesale of changes coming in to the already newly additions, Shaw and Herrera. Simply to much to do in one season to become 7th to Champions for United, but the Red Devils are on their way back to the top.
5) TOTTENHAM- Were always going to struggle to replace World class Bale, however the 100m was spent with a real lack of thought and intention. Lack of quality offensively and defensively. Seemed to play a High line for much of last season which cost them on a number of occasions. With the appointment of Pochettinho they have a manager who will make Spurs play a free flowing pressing game, which was very successful with Soton. Question is, will the players adapt in time?
6) LIVERPOOL- Suarez:Suarez, Suarez, Suarez. How will Liverpool ever replace such a multi-talented player? I don't believe they will. I think Liverpool overachieved last season with a huge advantage of playing at least 19-20 games less than their rivals. They will be hit with their average sized squad and lack of quality in defensive areas, and this is where I think Spurs will make their advantage. However, If Rodgers has a surprise up his sleeve, there could be hope. However, it will have to be a big surprise...very big.
7) EVERTON-   Under very safe hands, with Master tactician Roberto Martinez. However with the other top 6 constantly improving with the funds they have, Everton lack the crucial financial power needed to compete these days. Due to this, I think they may be left behind and regress from last season.

Relegation Candidates
18)  WEST BROM- Manager after manager last season, however still survived the might relegation battle when it mattered most.  However this time, I believe the intensity will just be to much and can't see anything but West Brom being relegated.
19) SUNDERLAND-  Gus Poyet escpaed last season in terrific style. Their results in the big games were truly admirable too. However, spend 14m on Borini alone would take a massive chuck out of their budget, and he's not the player they need. If their form against the lower rank teams continue like last season, there is no lucky escape this time...
20)  BURNLEY-  A truly fantastic campaign last season, but surely the lack of BPL experience will show at one stage. A terrific, charismatic manager Dyche who has a great relationship with their players will have to stick as a team, and pick up as many points as possible. However, lack od depth will be another big factor for them to triumph in staying in the league.
Alex
Alex
Admin

https://premierleaguehqboys.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Kai Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:25 am

My 14/15 Barclays Premier League Prediction
1st- Manchester City
Pelligrini's men are the team to beat going into next season. They are the greatest team going forward with many attacking options, and I expect city to beat teams emphatically again this season, playing a free flowing style of football. City will be pushed all the way by Chelsea and Arsenal, but their squad is strong enough to edge out the 14/15 PL title.
2nd- Chelsea
Chelsea have made key additions this summer, with the likes of Fabregas, Costa and Felipe Luis all arriving at Stamford bridge, and will be strong title contenders next season, but Chelsea do not have enough attacking firepower available to win the Premier League. Costa is an important player, but the departure of Demba Ba and Samuel Eto'o has left Chelsea lacking the attacking options that Man City have. The Blues will safely finish inside the top four, and will push City all the way, but do not have enough quality options in the striker position to win the league.
3rd- Arsenal
AFC are also strong Title contenders, and will take City and Chelsea to the wire, but they lack the depth that the other two have. Last year we saw how injuries cost them, and they did not have the squad to deal with those issues. Next season could repeat itself, as they do not have world class players to replace those in the starting XI. Arsenal will mount a title challenge, but due to not having enough cover in the Centre-back and Striker positions, they will once again fall short.
4th- Liverpool
LFC could potentially challenge for the league, but I think Suarez' departure will detriment their performances massively as he was such an influential player in their team. Ultimately, Liverpool's defensive frailties will cost them and they will fade away as the season goes on, and end up in a battle for CL football. However, their quality will be enough to edge out the surrounding teams, and clinch fourth spot.
Manchester Utd
MUFC will make a strong charge for Champions League football next season, with tactician Louis Van Gaal putting together a strong squad. But, Man Utd don't currently have the quality to place in the top four. Defensively they still look poor and still lack a strong defensive midfielder. The Red Devils have improved, after adding key players to their squad, but will fall just short of fourth spot as their squad still needs revitalising.
6th- Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs have quality players, but never seemed to gel as a squad. Without any key additions this summer, the question for spurs is, can the group of players connect and play well with eachother? The addition of Pochettino will improve the style of football, and tottenham's performances will also improve. But Spurs don't have the caliber of players that the teams above have, and will therefore struggle to challenge for Champions league football.

7th- Everton
Everton have done brilliantly to keep their key players from last season, key players such as Barkley, Coleman and Baines have all remained at Goodison. Lukaku and Delefeou's departures leave huge gaps in their squad who need replacing. Arguably EFC's two best players have left Goodison to return from Loan deals, leaving them struggling in the premier league. They lack the experience to challenge for Champions League, and will end up finishing out of europe as a whole.
Relegation:
18th- West Ham
West ham were impressive last season, getting the results needed to remain in the premier league, but the pressure on Sam Allerdyce to play attractive football will be their major fault next season. When in a relegation scrap, results are the most important thing, but the fans desire for a good style of play will add unneeded pressure on West Ham, and will end up struggling for points next season
19th-Leicester
Leicester were an exciting team in the Championship last season, but their squad lacks the experience to compete at the highest level in English football. I expect Leicester to be a difficult team to beat next season, looking to make their home ground a fortress, but their team has very little premier league experience, and this will ultimately cost them.
20th- Burnley
Burnley have a great manager, and are a solid group of players, but Burnley do not have enough quality in their squad to survive in the premier league. I don't see any players at Burnley capable of scoring goals in big games, and for this reason I think they will stay rooted to the bottom of the barclays premier league.

PremierLeagueHQ Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 am

Smile

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 am

With the new premier league season under a month away, the three of us are here to give our predictions on the teams we think will finish as champions, in the European spots and in the dreaded relegation zone.

JACK'S PREDICTION

1) CHELSEA – with the ability they had in their team last year, and more importantly the depth they had in their squad, Chelsea hugely underachieved in finishing 3rd and trophy-less last season. However, with that depth still intact and the hugely important signing of Diego Costa giving them the quality striker they’ve lacked since the sale of Didier Drogba, I can’t see anyone catching them next season.
2) MAN. CITY – for me, their triumph in the league last season was more to do with the downfall of others than their own good form. That, coupled with their surprising lack of activity in the transfer market this summer and their extreme reliance on the likes of Toure, Kompany and Aguero, they don’t have enough to win again this season.
3) MAN. UNITED – after a frankly abysmal season in 2013/14, I expect wholesale changes at Old Trafford. With LVG now at the helm, the signings of Herrera and Shaw already secured and many more thought to be joining the Red Devils in the coming weeks, I expect to see them return to their usual top 4 placement, albeit not as genuine title challengers.
4) ARSENAL – a much improved year last season saw the gunners secure that all important trophy, largely thanks to the work of Aaron Ramsey. With the signings of Sanchez and Debuchy, I expect them to improve once again this year but still think that a lack of depth everywhere except attacking midfield means they cannot mount a serious title challenge.
5) LIVERPOOL – with Brendan Rodgers’ promise of lots of new signings coming to Anfield, a month ago I would have had Liverpool in the top 4 of this prediction without a doubt. However, the sale of Luis Suarez, no matter how much money Liverpool received, is too big a hole to fill, and I don’t think Liverpool can reach the Champions League without the mighty Uruguayan
6) EVERTON – with one of the best managers in Britain leading them, Everton are always a team to be wary of. They had a great season last year, coming very close to squeezing in to the top 4. However, with the likes of Lukaku and Deulofeu unlikely to return to Goodison following loan spells last season, I don’t see them doing quite as well this year.
7) TOTTENHAM – a lot of people blamed Totteham’s relatively poor season last year on their new players not gelling properly. However, I think there is a serious lack of quality at White Hart Lane. A very lacklustre defence, no real penetration in midfield and an under-achieving strike force mean that if they are to get anywhere near challenging for the top 4 they need to make some top signings, and fast.

Relegation
18) WEST BROM – having been in the premier league for 5 seasons now, this choice may come as a surprise to some. However, they never seem to play as well as their admittedly talented squad suggests they can. After just escaping relegation last season and a succession of many managers with short stints at the club, I think the Baggies’ time in the top flight will be up come next May.
19) LEICESTER – they dominated in the second half of last season in the Championship and fully deserve their place in the Premier League. Unlike most teams that are promoted from the Championship, they have almost no Premier League experience in their ranks, and because of that I don’t see them remaining in the premier league next season. Having said that, expect some treacherous trips for the big boys to the King Power Stadium.
20) BURNLEY – like fellow promoted team Leicester, Burnley have very little Premier League experience in their squad. Despite having some good talent in there too, I expect them to follow their experience from 2009-10 and go down again at the first time of asking. Sean Dyche is a charismatic figure as manager, but his managerial qualities are, for me, still in question. This season will be a good test of him as a manager, and I think he is the only thing that can save Burnley from relegation.

ALEX'S PREDICTION

1) CHELSEA- The "Special One" won't admit to underachieving last season, however, deep down he knows. Last season Chelsea had a great depth in squad, however were missing that truly World Class striker. Have they got it now with Costa? We'll have to see... However will the signings of Fabregas, Costa and Luis + Chelsea's special ability to win when not at their best, I think they'll be to strong for the rest.
2) MANCHESTER CITY- Champions of 2013/14, however far from convincing. You could even argue they took advantage of the constant slips of Arsenal,Chelsea and in particular Liverpool's title challenge, where they really did take advantage of a slip. There is no denying going forward City are the best in the league. Spoiled from a range of World Class firepower, they constantly outscored teams all season. However, lack of a CB could yet again cost them. When Kompany is injured they look a real mess, showing a real over-reliance on their Talisman.
3) ARSENAL- Progressed last season, however like Chelsea, Arsenal missed that one World class Striker with Giroud letting them down when it really mattered most... The Gunners will be in for a treat with Aaron only going to get better, not to mention Ozil fully adapting to league. The signing of Sanchez will mount them a serious title challenge with the much needed Pace&Power. But to get any further they really need that crucial CDM in the middle of the park.
4) MANCHESTER UNITED- Absolutely horrific last season, and everything was in shambles. From the amount of dead wood to under-performing players. With LVG coming in I expect a wholesale of changes coming in to the already newly additions, Shaw and Herrera. Simply to much to do in one season to become 7th to Champions for United, but the Red Devils are on their way back to the top.
5) TOTTENHAM- Were always going to struggle to replace World class Bale, however the 100m was spent with a real lack of thought and intention. Lack of quality offensively and defensively. Seemed to play a High line for much of last season which cost them on a number of occasions. With the appointment of Pochettinho they have a manager who will make Spurs play a free flowing pressing game, which was very successful with Soton. Question is, will the players adapt in time?
6) LIVERPOOL- Suarez:Suarez, Suarez, Suarez. How will Liverpool ever replace such a multi-talented player? I don't believe they will. I think Liverpool overachieved last season with a huge advantage of playing at least 19-20 games less than their rivals. They will be hit with their average sized squad and lack of quality in defensive areas, and this is where I think Spurs will make their advantage. However, If Rodgers has a surprise up his sleeve, there could be hope. However, it will have to be a big surprise...very big.
7) EVERTON- Under very safe hands, with Master tactician Roberto Martinez. However with the other top 6 constantly improving with the funds they have, Everton lack the crucial financial power needed to compete these days. Due to this, I think they may be left behind and regress from last season.

Relegation
18) WEST BROM- Manager after manager last season, however still survived the might relegation battle when it mattered most. However this time, I believe the intensity will just be to much and can't see anything but West Brom being relegated.
19) SUNDERLAND- Gus Poyet escpaed last season in terrific style. Their results in the big games were truly admirable too. However, spend 14m on Borini alone would take a massive chuck out of their budget, and he's not the player they need. If their form against the lower rank teams continue like last season, there is no lucky escape this time...
20) BURNLEY- A truly fantastic campaign last season, but surely the lack of BPL experience will show at one stage. A terrific, charismatic manager Dyche who has a great relationship with their players will have to stick as a team, and pick up as many points as possible. However, lack od depth will be another big factor for them to triumph in staying in the league.

KAI'S PREDICTION

1st- Manchester City
Pelligrini's men are the team to beat going into next season. They are the greatest team going forward with many attacking options, and I expect city to beat teams emphatically again this season, playing a free flowing style of football. City will be pushed all the way by Chelsea and Arsenal, but their squad is strong enough to edge out the 14/15 PL title.
2nd- Chelsea
Chelsea have made key additions this summer, with the likes of Fabregas, Costa and Felipe Luis all arriving at Stamford bridge, and will be strong title contenders next season, but Chelsea do not have enough attacking firepower available to win the Premier League. Costa is an important player, but the departure of Demba Ba and Samuel Eto'o has left Chelsea lacking the attacking options that Man City have. The Blues will safely finish inside the top four, and will push City all the way, but do not have enough quality options in the striker position to win the league.
3rd- Arsenal
AFC are also strong Title contenders, and will take City and Chelsea to the wire, but they lack the depth that the other two have. Last year we saw how injuries cost them, and they did not have the squad to deal with those issues. Next season could repeat itself, as they do not have world class players to replace those in the starting XI. Arsenal will mount a title challenge, but due to not having enough cover in the Centre-back and Striker positions, they will once again fall short.
4th- Liverpool
LFC could potentially challenge for the league, but I think Suarez' departure will detriment their performances massively as he was such an influential player in their team. Ultimately, Liverpool's defensive frailties will cost them and they will fade away as the season goes on, and end up in a battle for CL football. However, their quality will be enough to edge out the surrounding teams, and clinch fourth spot.
Manchester Utd
5th - MUFC will make a strong charge for Champions League football next season, with tactician Louis Van Gaal putting together a strong squad. But, Man Utd don't currently have the quality to place in the top four. Defensively they still look poor and still lack a strong defensive midfielder. The Red Devils have improved, after adding key players to their squad, but will fall just short of fourth spot as their squad still needs revitalising.
6th- Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs have quality players, but never seemed to gel as a squad. Without any key additions this summer, the question for spurs is, can the group of players connect and play well with eachother? The addition of Pochettino will improve the style of football, and tottenham's performances will also improve. But Spurs don't have the caliber of players that the teams above have, and will therefore struggle to challenge for Champions league football.
7th- Everton
Everton have done brilliantly to keep their key players from last season, key players such as Barkley, Coleman and Baines have all remained at Goodison. Lukaku and Delefeou's departures leave huge gaps in their squad who need replacing. Arguably EFC's two best players have left Goodison to return from Loan deals, leaving them struggling in the premier league. They lack the experience to challenge for Champions League, and will end up finishing out of europe as a whole.
Relegation:
18th- West Ham
West ham were impressive last season, getting the results needed to remain in the premier league, but the pressure on Sam Allerdyce to play attractive football will be their major fault next season. When in a relegation scrap, results are the most important thing, but the fans desire for a good style of play will add unneeded pressure on West Ham, and will end up struggling for points next season
19th-Leicester
Leicester were an exciting team in the Championship last season, but their squad lacks the experience to compete at the highest level in English football. I expect Leicester to be a difficult team to beat next season, looking to make their home ground a fortress, but their team has very little premier league experience, and this will ultimately cost them.
20th- Burnley
Burnley have a great manager, and are a solid group of players, but Burnley do not have enough quality in their squad to survive in the premier league. I don't see any players at Burnley capable of scoring goals in big games, and for this reason I think they will stay rooted to the bottom of the barclays premier league.

Who do you agree with? Let us know in the comments!

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:51 am

a few things didn't come out properly: the heading "Jack's prediction" are all in red and underlined

all the team names are in bold

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 am

Whether it be teams, players or managers there are always a few surprises in every Premier League season. Last season we had the likes of Crystal Palace’s meteoric rise, and of course the demise of David Moyes and Manchester United. Here’s a look at who could be the surprise packages of the upcoming season.

CRYSTAL PALACE
I mentioned Crystal Palace’s unexpectedly good season earlier, and whilst many expect Tony Pulis to once again lead The Eagles to a mid-table finish, I expect them to surprise many people and return to the relegation battle. After his loan spell last season, not managing to retain Tom Ince on a permanent deal will make their attack – already the weakest part of their line up – considerably weaker. Depth in their squad is also an issue; last season they were very lucky in that they very rarely had injuries to any of their key players. If somebody like Jedinak or Joe Ledley were to get injured, it would prove a difficult task to replace them. Because of these factors, I expect Palace to be in the relegation until the very end, but stay up eventually. Just.

WEST HAM
West Ham have the makings of having a very strong 2014 – 15. A good, experienced manager in Sam Allardyce, a strong core to the team with the likes of Collins, Tomkins and Noble, and now with the firepower to create problems for defences following the signings of Mauro Zarate and Enner Valencia. In their strong showings at the back end of last season I saw enough to prove to me that a strong, worry-free year could well be on the cards for the Hammers, and with the new additions to their squad I only expect them to get stronger and stronger. I expect the Hammers to finish comfortably in mid-table and not have to worry about the threat of relegation.

REMY CABELLA
Yet another Frenchman to join The Magpies, Remy Cabella is a plyer who really excites me. A relative unknown to most people, his consistently eye-catching performances last season were enough to earn him a move to the Premier League. With 14 goals and 5 assists in 36 Ligue 1 games for Montpellier last year, I expect him to provide Newcastle with the midfield creativity they’ve been lacking since the sale of Yohan Cabaye. He is one of many good signings made by Newcastle this summer, and I expect them, and Cabella in particular, to have a stellar season.

JORDI GOMEZ
Ever since I first saw him play following his move to Wigan, I thought Jordi Gomez was a quality player, and with his new move to Sunderland I expect him to shine. He has a very sweet left foot and can pick a pass better than anyone in the teams surrounding The Black Cats. In the past he has never quite lived up to his undoubted talent, but I expect this to be the year he finally breaks through and performs well consistently. He has been a very low-key signing and as a result I expect him to surprise a lot of people with his performances in 2014 – 15.

Who do you think will be the biggest surprise package in 2014 – 15? Let me know in the comments below or tweet me @Jack_Tait97.

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:22 am

Another terrific article Jack Smile Especially great on the Cabella paragraph. I agree, people will be in shock when they see him play and how Newcastle got him.
Alex
Alex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:32 am

The decline of Liverpool 2014/15 season?
Liverpool had a absolute thrilling season last season, and shocked everybody with how strong they finished;including the fans. Many would say they overachieved last season, and I do sit in this side of the fence myself. People underestimate the injection of power and freshness not being in the CL gave Liverpool. Liverpool ended up playing approximately 20 less games than their rivals Chelsea,City and Arsenal. They played 1 game a week and this was a huge fitness boost. Rodgers could play his first team every week not having the dilemma to rest key players when facing  a European Giant during the week. Therefor, being able to scrap for points every game they play.

Departure of Luis Suarez
Now the main part of the article. Not only will Liverpool have to cope with the physically draining demands of the Champions League, they have also lost their main man Luis Suarez. Words simply can't describe what a player this man is and he was at the core of why Liverpool could sustain a strong title challenge last season. It's been reported Brendan has around 100m to spend by the Telegraph and Sun after the departure of Luis. A very healthy budget. However, as we saw with Tottenham and the failure to replace Bale, sometimes World class players really can't be replaced... Suarez is undoubtedly a "World Class" player. Here's a look at how his stats compare to the rest of the top players in Europe:        
It's clear to see Suarez has a strong start to the season compared to Europe's elite, and the majority already even know at this point he would win the Golden Boot. The goal-scoring form did not stop, and continued to get better, and better, and better... In scoring 31 goals in 33 matches, Suarez became the most prolific top flight goal scorer since 1960. How will Liverpool ever replace such a player, a leader for them. They aren't blessed with World class players like their rivals and will have to have team spirit on their side again if they have any chance of challenging for the title. Suarez became only the 7th player to score more than 30 goals in a season and will be a impossible task to replace. With Steven Gerrard surely not going to have as much influence and be a inspiration for the team as much as last season, I really do fear for this Liverpool team.
I can see Liverpool relying heavily on Sturridge and Sterling for goals and both together won't have even half as much of a influence as Luis did. Not to mention, Sterling is only 19 and it's never good putting so much pressure on such a young player. If Rodgers doesn't take precaution he could have several players burned out before even halfway through the season. Liverpool have a very small squad and aren't blessed with the depth of their Rivals. Although Rodgers has tried to address this, it simply won't be enough. Not even for a top 4 finish with Manchester United emerging again under the unpredictable LVG. I would love to see Rodgers continuing with his pace and Power counter attacking diamond style which simply blew teams away last season before games even started... literally.
However, with SAS coming to a end, they were the core of this and with Liverpool's new signings already, it looks as if Liverpool have a enormous mountain to climb. They really need the 2-3 big signings to even replace Suarez, let alone progress from last season. For me regression is very clear, and I'm not scared to say it's hard to see Liverpool even finishing in the top 4. Although this is a shame, because they were a breath of fresh air last season and proved money isn't everything. Their fast, free-flowing football blew teams apart and scored a mouthwatering 101 goals, only 1 behind Premier League Champions, Man City.

Spending so far

Liverpool have significant 89m so far, and it's been very poor. Many will disagree however Liverpool have spend more than Arsenal and Chelsea yet their best player is a very average Lallana. Lovren is a very solid signing however. Although Liverpool were absolutely amazing  offensively, their back line was woeful at times. Skertel and Agger seemed to score more goals than do their job. Also, it's fair to say Sakho still hasn't settled in very well and has at least 2-3 shaky moments a game. The signing of Lovren has addressed this although further defensive incoming signings are a must . 10m was spent on Origi who looked very impressive and lively at the World cup however, he's simply a up and coming prospect. Something that Liverpool don't need right now. So far out of the  6 signings, it's fair to say quality hasn't been replaced with quality. Liverpool have bought in 6 very average players, for a very high fee of 89m.

Verdict

I really fear for this Liverpool team after the departure of Suarez. They'll be hit on all fronts with the psychically demanding drains of the CL going to take full effect on their average sized squad. Rodgers still needs that "Wow" signing, in reality 2-3 of them. It will be a real achievement for this Liverpool team to reach the top 4, the title is all but out of sight, unless Rodgers really pulls out 2-3 spectacular signings which is very unlikely in this current market where there is a real lack of players out there. Liverpool will need the team spirit of last year, and all of Brendan's signings to settle in instantly to start with a bang for any chance. Although, this Liverpool team is still young and will improve, the right balance is needed and the more older players need to have quality. When you look at the whole Liverpool team, it's hard to pick out a player who you could say, "He's World-class." Ultimately, this and lack of depth will severely cost them missing a CL place next season.
Alex
Alex
Admin

Back to top Go down

New articles  Empty Jack Wilshere- Make or Break.

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Kai Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:31 am

Jack Wilshere emerged on the scene in 2010 as one of England's brightest prospects, and was tagged as " England's future captain" from the early age of just 18. But has Jack Wilshere actually progressed since his breakthrough season at the Emirates?

When Jack came on the scene as a youngster, he was playing some fantastic football at the highest level. He was playing alongside some of the best players in England without looking out of place, and seemed destined for great things. Jack played with elegance, and semed to glide past players with ease against some of the greatest opposition in world football. For example, the Champions League Last 16 round against Barcelona in 2011. Jack stood out against a dominant Barca side and was key to Arsenal's victory over the Spanish giants.

Jack Wilshere in a stand out performance against Euro Powerhouse BarcelonaJack Wilshere in a stand out performance against Euro Powerhouse Barcelona

Sadly though, In late 2012 Jack suffered an ankle injury that led him to sit on the side-lines for a long period of time, and this hindered his progress massively. He continued to feature for the gunners after his recovery, but never reached the heights of his previous season.

Last season, Jack had a fairly disappointing season, and was in and out of the team due to injury. He was also forced to play out of position under Arsene Wenger because of a shortage of players as many players sustained injuries. Although there were glimpses of former Jack, he was never as influential as he should have been, and ended up losing the ball often. With the arrival of Mesut Ozil, and the impressive run of form from Aaron Ramsey, Jack ended up losing his spot in the Arsenal team. Much of the nation had lost faith in Wilshere's ability, and doubted if he would end up as a world star as many predicted.

Wilshere struggled to impress last season. Wilshere struggled to impress last season.

Is He Good Enough?

Yes. There is no uncertainty over his ability, and definitely has all the qualities needed to become a top player at both club, and national level. Wilshere has great movement, vision and link up play, as well as his leadership on the pitch. He needs to work on keeping the ball, and being more clinical in front of goal, but overall he is a player that can be a major asset to any team. Its just a matter of whether he can apply his skills, and his injuries haven't helped him. Despite Wilshere not impressing too much last season, we saw moments of inspiration from him, like this wonderful display of movement and passing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bs64H9LxRt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has He Progressed?
I don't believe wilshere has advanced in a major way since his debut season at the emirates except physically. He still has all the same qualities and has not developed greatly since then. This could be due to his re-occurring ankle issue, and he needs to show major progression next season to convince everyone that he is still good enough to be considered as one of the worlds finest young talents.

The Upcoming Season

The 14/15 campaign is undoubtedly crucial for Jack. Make or Break. An impressive season in North London would see him as one of the worlds fantastic talents once again, but a poor one would mean he is just another England youngster to underachieve. The grand question is, will he pull it off? I doubt it.

Although Wilshere has the talent, there is no place for Wilshere in this current Arsenal team. The attacking midfield position is taken by record signing Mesut Ozil and an inform Ramsey is unlikely to be displaced. Arsene Wenger himself described Jack as a "box to box player" and this is the exact position Ramsey thrives in. Only open position for Jack is Defensive Midfielder, which is a position that Jack is not physically ready for. He also doesn't show the discipline needed to be a holding midfielder, and will most likely not feature there for the gunners next season. The only place I see Wilshere being next season, is the bench, as he has no current role in Arsenals current XI.

Jack will have to impress at every opportunity he gets next season, to force himself back into the picture at the emirates, and now he is fully fit back from injury he has no excuses. He has the talent, but he will be playing understudy to Aaron Ramsey for next season, and will not get the game time required to impress at the highest level, and I think next season will be a disappointing one for Wilshere.

Do you think Wilshere will be a hit? or a miss? Tweet me your responses @GoonerBBK

Let me know what you think Smile there are also images that cannot be shown here

PremierLeagueHQ Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:23 am

I really like it, I think its well written and thorough but concise at the same time.

I agree, I don't think wilshere will have a place in your starting XI and don't think he's progressed enough over the years, and don't think he will make the grade next season.

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:32 am

And alex, I forgot to reply to yours the other day hahah  Very Happy

I agree completely and I really like the way its written and laid out.

Liverpool needed to spend at least 50m without selling suarez to be title challengers again, so now they need to spend a bucket load of money to reach last season's heights again

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:47 am

Five or six years ago the Premier League was undoubtedly the nest league in the world. From amazing entertainment to superstar players, the Premier League had everything, but now its title as the best domestic league on the planet is under serious doubt.

The Players
When thinking about what makes a great league, the first thing that comes to mind is the players. Going all the way back to the start of the “invincibles” of 03-04, the Premier League has always had star players. The likes of Henry and Bergkamp tore up the league in that period, and then gave way to Chelsea’s entire team of superstars, spearheaded by Didier Drogba, which of course was followed by the rise of Cristiano Ronaldo. Even after his world record move away from the BPL, we had still had the talent of Bale and Suarez to keep the quality of players high. However, after all of these players have now left the BPL – the majority going to La Liga – the Premier League now has a real shortage of elite players. After the departure of Suarez to Barcelona, the biggest star in the premier league now is, arguably, Yaya Toure. And while Yaya is a quality player, he is not at the level of Bale, Suarez and Ronaldo. To be considered the best league in the world it must, for me, feature the best players, and at the moment the Premier League doesn’t have them.

Champions League Performances
When the Premier League’s status as the best league in the world was under no scrutiny, Champions League performances more than backed up that reputation. From 2005 until 2012, a team from England were in the final of the Champions League every year, excluding 2010. These consistently superb performances in the Champions League showed how strong the Premier League was. However, in the last couple of years, no English team has made the final and, if we’re honest, an English team has not looked likely to win it in either 2013 or 2014. The champions league performances have a big bearing on how the BPL is seen around the world, and these disappointing outcomes in recent years have really contributed to its reputation worsening. If these sort of results continue, there is now way the BPL can still be considered the best in the world.

Entertainment
The Premier League’s competitiveness, and therefore entertainment, is its saving grace. Nowhere in the world is there more unpredictability; just last season we had amazing games such as Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool, Man city 6-3 Arsenal, Liverpool 6-3 Cardiff, to name just a few. Over the years we have seen some truly remarkable fixtures and there remain no other league in the world that can boast such an unpredictable past. And it’s still the only good quality league where big names are often tripped up by smaller teams, and where the biggest matches are not dull, tight affairs but are full of goals, great football and unrivalled entertainment.
My Opinion
Ever since Gareth Bale’s comments that La Liga is better than the premier league, I felt that I had to write this article. There is no doubt that La Liga has the best players in the world and, lately, Spanish teams have performed the best in the Champions League. However, for sheer entertainment and unpredictability the BPL cannot be beaten, and that’s why it remains the best league in the world.

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Kai Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:18 am

Yeah it's well written and I completely agree. Just spell check then upload. And also I think you should add images if you haven't already.
Smile

PremierLeagueHQ Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Very nice article Jack. There is no denying, for atm at least the top teams in BBVA and arguably Bundes are better than the top in BPL. However, going from the teams about 6th-20th in our league would rip to shreds any other team in their domestic leagues. EG, Let's take the team that finished 16th in BPL, Hull. Then compare to the 16th in BBVA- Elche. Which almost shows the BPL's strength in depth if you like haha. Could maybe give a example like this comparing team for team, other than that great article.
Alex
Alex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:07 am

Welcome to the first article of the “Spotlight on…” series. This series will be focussing on specific teams, players or managers and talk in depth about their strengths and weaknesses.

The first team featured in this new series in West Ham. The Hammers really interest me this season after recent developments at the club, and here is my take on their prospects for the 2014/15 season.

Last Season
Throughout 2013/14 West Ham showed glimpses of their ability to get good results and knock over any team in the Premier League. However they were never able to put these performances together consistently, and as result struggled to push on and become a top 10 team. Ever since their promotion back to the Premier League they have had a solid defence and holding midfielders, meaning they could escape the drop due to how few goals they concede compared to the teams around them. However, they have always lacked a quality striker, and this was never more apparent than last season. Andy Carroll was absent due to injury for a lot of the season, and when he came back he was too one dimensional to give the Hammers any real firepower. This lack of quality upfront, plus the lack of creativity throughout the team, forced West Ham to play route one, unattractive football. Their fans hated seeing this, leading to them being booed off the pitch despite beating Hull City 2-1. This sparked a huge debate about results vs style, where the majority of West Ham fans wanted the style of the team to improve. I’m more in favour of results, and think that results are by far the more important of the two. However, Hammers fans demanded summer signings to negate this lack of creativity and improve the style of the team.

Summer Signings
The fans wanted summer signings and they have most certainly been given them. West Ham have done some of the best business out of anyone in the Premier League this summer, especially in their strike force. The signings of Enner Valancia, Diafra Sakho and, in particular Mauro Zarate will strengthen their options up top massively. They have gone from relying on one man in Andy Carroll to having 4 strikers who can all offer something different and all can score a lot of goals. Zarate in particular is a fantastic signing by Sam Allardyce, having impressed a lot of people with his performances in recent years. Add to these three the new additions of Kouyaté, Jenkinson, Cresswell and Poyet and the Hammers suddenly have a very strong core to their squad and have the most depth out of all the teams around them. Their summer dealings have been second to none and despite his critics last season, huge credit must be given to Big Sam.

Prospects for 2014/15
I spoke briefly about West Ham in m “surprise packages” article, and said that I expect them to do well this season. However, with recent transfer dealings I now expect them to do even better than I previously thought. With their traditionally solid defence and midfield, and now with more creativity than they’ve had for nearly a decade, and goals coming from a number of different places, I can see them winning a lot of football matches this season. Upton Park is never a nice place for the big teams to visit, but this season The Hammers could be claiming even more big name scalps than usual. I can’t see them pushing for Europe due to the quality of the top 7, but I think they will give Newcastle a very good battle for 8th place. Ultimately, I think Newcastle will win that fight, but not without a season-long battle with West Ham. I can’t wait to watch the Claret & Blues next season and look forward to seeing their new signings pushing them to new heights.

What do you think about West Ham’s chances next season? Tweet me @Jack_Tait97

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:18 am

Another great article Jack. I think this series could be very popular if we upload every other weak featuring every team 1-20 in the league any order. Sorry I haven't been on and replying as well as much, I got my results and needed to sort a few things out. Now getting ready for holiday.
Alex
Alex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueHQ Jack Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:42 am

We're back! A combination of things affecting all 3 of us meant we weren't able to produce content for the last 3-4 weeks, and for that we really apologise. But now everything is sorted, we're all raring to go again and we'll be bringing you regular, good quality content once again.

Now, on to today's article. Yesterday, Arsenal faced Man City at the Emirates in a pulsating game which ended in a 2-2 draw. And I have to say, Arsenal really impressed me - for 80 minutes.

It was an electric start to the game, an impossibly high tempo with some real class in there too, epitomised by Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez, who was superb throughout the game. Arsenal had by far the better of the opening, and were very unlucky to go behind to a quality counter-attacking goal from Sergio Aguero. That was a hammer blow for the Gunners, and many Arsenal teams in recent years would have buckled under the pressure of going behind. But not this one.

They fought back brilliantly and fully deserved to get back into, and then lead, the game after goals from Jack Wilshere (63') and Alexis Sanchez (74'). It was a swashbuckling second half performance from the Gunners, one of the best I've seen from them in years. But as is so often the case for them against big teams, they couldn't hold on at the end.

So many times we see Arsenal give a good account of themselves for the majority of matches against big teams, only to see them throw it away at the end through conceding a late goal. And those late goal demons hit them again against the Champions yesterday.

Martin Demichelis' header showed two huge weaknesses from Arsenal; their inability to hold on to a lead against big teams and, more simply, diabolical defending from a corner. The Gunners had eleven players in their own penalty area when that corner came in. Eleven. Just let that sink in. Now I cannot understand how, with eleven players in the box, Martin Demichelis was allowed a free header. It is honestly one of the worst defensive errors I've seen in a long, long time. What makes it worse is that Demichelis is such an obvious threat fro corners, and yet still not one Arsenal player was even concerned with the big centre-half, and they paid the ultimate price.

Arsenal are not far behind the likes of City and Chelsea; they certainly showed that in the first 80 minutes yesterday. However, until they learn to hold on to leads, especially against the big teams, and - more importantly - learn how to defend corners properly, they just don't quite have enough to push Chelsea and City as far as they would like.

Having said that, Arsenal will not be far away from the top come April and May, that I'm sure of. And if they can sort out those issues, they could very well be at the top themselves.

PremierLeagueHQ Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum